Sunday 11 August 2024

"Who needs sleep when my brain is a cloud"

”Who needs sleep when my brain is a cloud.”

B00K420

Well obviously, I’m the one that needs sleep. I’m freaking exhausted and practically hallucinating, but as soon as I relax enough to sleep, it’s like a worm gets into my head and I have to get up and do something. Which, to be fair, at the moment has consisted of playing on all sorts of AI image creation sites and making new headers for all of my blogs. I know it’s bad when I’m already working on a new header when the last one is less than half an hour old!

Last night, I tried starting off with the Equinposa and it was lovely – smooth taste (despite my COVID suffering taste-buds), slow effect – I thought this was it. But then when we started getting ready for bed, things just went wrong and suddenly I was wide awake again. I ended up waiting until Gidget got back from work around 6ish and chatting to her. I vaped another bowl whilst chatting to her – hopefully the advice I gave her was (a) coherent and (b) relevant to the situation she was describing. I know she could tell I was high (apart from me actually vaping in front of her) so that should mean she takes things the right way – hopefully.

She went to bed and I – well, I re-booted my laptop and started writing a short fic and creating a new banner. So now it’s 10.30 in the morning and I haven’t been to sleep yet and I am getting heartily sick of this. We are meant to be changing my bedding (energy levels permitting) and maybe fresh sheets will send me off to dreamland. I hope so – I can feel my nerves fraying and my patience dwindling away the longer this insomnia spate continues. I wish I could figure out what’s triggered it – there’s no more stress than usual, I don’t have any appointments coming up.

Also, Mamedica had the audacity to send me an email reminding me to pay my invoice. The same invoice I paid five days ago. So I forwarded them a copy of the confirmation of payment and asked them when I would be receiving my order. I’m more than a little annoyed – they use a payments system that doesn’t support all banks, need you to email them to request a different payment link (why can’t they just include it in the original invoice?), but then the alternative system doesn’t notify them when someone pays so it’s Russian roulette as to when they will realise that you’ve paid and they can send the goods.

Since they know that the alternative payment system doesn’t inform them when someone has paid their invoice, why aren’t they monitoring it? If it’s so rare for people to have to use that system, surely it’s not unreasonable to expect them to track the payments? I’m more annoyed than angry, but if this insomnia continues then all bets are off. I’m going to give them until Tuesday morning to let me know my stuff is en route and then I’m calling up and I might make an official complaint depending on how I’m feeling when I wake up.

Okay, fan on, time to climb under the duvet and see if I can summon the Sand Man!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Strains Review ⟫ Aurora Pedanios 27/1 FRG-CA ⟫ Farm Gas ⟫ October 2024

Strains Review ⟫ Aurora Pedanios 27/1 FRG-CA ⟫ Farm Gas There are some pros and cons to this particular strain. Firstly, the smell is st...