Sunday 4 February 2024

Mamedica Repeat Prescription

It’s that time of month again when I receive an email from Mamedica asking me if I need to renew my prescription. Having been through a few of these now, I think I’ve got an idea of how it works and how long it takes.

From the initial email, I use the Mamedica portal to go to the patient section at the top and choose repeat prescription. You need to state if you are doing a repeat, need a new appointment with one of the clinicians and if you are making a change to the amount or the specific product.

Then, from the drop-down boxes, you choose the product you want and how much. In the beginning, I found it confusing as there are just products listed by manufacturer, name and potency – I normally go to medbud.wiki but at the moment, it keeps coming back as not giving the correct handshake so I can’t link it here. Once you’ve chosen the things that you want, you have to confirm that you are aware that if you choose substitutions that they might call you to discuss them, make sure you know the amount you are going to be charged then click submit. (Note that at no time does the Mamedica portal tell you if something is out of stock)

In this instance, I sent the repeat prescription request off on Thursday 1st February.

The next step is for the (physical) prescription to go through to the pharmacy who will then send the invoice. They use a system called Crezco which doesn’t accept my bank, so once I have received the invoice, I have to contact the dispensary and request a different method of payment. Once this comes through, I pay the invoice and wait. What should happen next is that they mark the payment as received (this doesn’t currently happen automatically if you do not use Crezco), then if all of the items are in stock, they get sent out via Royal Mail.

So far, I haven’t ever received a notification from Mamedica that my order has been despatched – instead, I receive an email from Royal Mail letting me know that my delivery is due. All being well, it’s delivered and that’s all sorted for the next month.

Last month was a whole thing whereby all of the items I had requested were out of stock and I only found this out because I called to find out what the delay in receiving my order was. I then spent a chunk of time on the phone with a member of their staff who could tell me then and there what was in stock at that time. It’s important to note that it’s about what’s in stock at that time because by the time the replacement script has been created and sent to the pharmacy, any of these items could become out of stock. It would appear that the system is strictly first come, first served which sucks a little when you’re at the mercy of the person responsible for sending off your prescription and the dispensary can only do it from the physical copy – they can’t do it from an emailed copy of the prescription.

All in all, last time it took approximately two weeks to sort out from the time of placing my repeat prescription to receiving my order. I’ll try to update this with how things go this month.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Still judging.... back after a break

I took a two week unscheduled break from vaping for numerous reasons. One of the main reasons was that I was attending a hospital appointmen...