Tuesday 13 February 2024

Mamedica Repeat Prescription ⟫ Part 2

No, I hadn’t forgotten that I was going to do this – it has simply taken 9 days for my prescription to arrive. 8th February, I received the emailed invoice from Mamedica asking for payment. I had seen on reddit that some people were waiting so I assumed I was just one of those people.

Because Grim was here and she banks with one of the banks accepted by the Crezco system the dispensary use, I asked her to pay the invoice and transferred the money to her. So, we paid on 8th February and I waited to hear back from them – the pharmacy are meant to send you notification that your order has been processed but I’m going to be honest and say that this has never happened for me. It didn’t happen this time either.

This morning (13th February) I get an email from Royal Mail saying that my order from Mamedica will arrive by 1 pm. That’s literally the only notice I received. Fortunately, I didn’t have any appointments and Stripes was here to answer the door. So I am the proud recipient of 10 gm of Sourdough, 10 gm or Equiposa and 10 gm of Big Narstie. (I’ve never had the Sourdough so will try to do a review when I’ve tried it a couple of times.)

I believe that their terms and conditions state that you will receive your order within five working days of payment being received, which I think gives a skewed idea of the timelines involved. Some people have been very lucky and once they’ve placed their order, things move quickly but I do know that there are people who are waiting quite a bit longer. I think I am on the outskirts – 13 days from placing the order to receiving it. By the time the order has been received, it’s almost time to make the next repeat prescription which just seems a bit ridiculous to me.

I can’t complain – after all, I haven’t had to leave the house for it or go through the black market – but it does put into perspective that this isn’t a simple process even once you’ve been doing it for a year. And that doesn’t even take into account what delays might have been caused if any of the items I ordered were out of stock. Mamedica have proven themselves to be not brilliant at keeping the customer informed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Still judging.... back after a break

I took a two week unscheduled break from vaping for numerous reasons. One of the main reasons was that I was attending a hospital appointmen...