Saturday 17 February 2024

Judge Not Lest Ye Be Judged Thyself

High thoughts:

'Sophia said concussion would be fun'

Over the last few weeks, specifically since beginning to use semaglutide, I have found that I am judging myself for my useage of medicinal cannabis. It was like I’d forgotten ‘why’ I was using it – predominantly to handle pain relief for my arthritis – and somehow decided I was spending money unnecessarily just to chase the high.

I also felt like I was hiding behind the marijuana from life and that I spent all of my time high. That’s absolutely not the case and I’m not sure why I felt like I needed to be in pain. If I had a headache, I wouldn’t hesitate to take ibuprofen or something like that; I don’t hesitate to take the large handful of pills every morning and evening: antidepressants, pain relief, vitamins, gabapentin, etc. The only difference is the perception of marijuana – my own included.

I don’t need to prove to people that I’m in pain. I don’t have to justify my use of MC to anyone. I’ve done all of the correct things in terms of meeting the assigned practioners and physicians, etc. A bit like the whole thing surrounding using semaglutide like Ozempic and Trulicity – lots of people think it’s cheating or wrong, taking the easy route, etc without considering the side effects and how those drugs work and why they work.

It’s also difficult because casual drug use is not the norm in my family. It’s not something that’s encouraged or generally accepted. It was bad enough that I smoked cigarettes for so long, let alone using marijuana. It doesn’t matter that I’m vaping it rather than smoking joints; that I’m getting it from a reputable pharmacist rather than the black market; that I’m following medical advice. It’s just not considered the norm – it’s out of people’s experience so they distrust and judge it. Sometimes that messes with my head and that’s not even taking into account just how much I’m spending on it every month.

I use my PIP to pay for it and that it up for renewal this May. If I don’t get it again, then obviously the MC will be the first thing to be cut from the budget. But that doesn’t change the fact that it makes a huge difference to my pain levels and how much it has helped me.

And in the meantime, I’ll stock up on the strains that help me and keep it going for as long as it helps me.

I feel in a good position to choose my current favourite strains now and will try to do a secondary review of each of them. At the moment, I would say my go-to strains are Cannatonic for the daytime, with Big Narstie and Sourdough for night-time/going to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Still judging.... back after a break

I took a two week unscheduled break from vaping for numerous reasons. One of the main reasons was that I was attending a hospital appointmen...